Welcome to the Modo Forum

Forum Moderators: Slav

The basis
-- Modo Gallery --

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Available training with previous version?

Author
Jcleaver  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Sun, Mar 31, 2013 3:47 pm

I know 701 was just released and there really isn't any training yet for this version. What I have found is training for 302, 401, and 501. Is there any big issues with using the training for any of these previous versions?

I do expect there will be some changes, however, I hope not too many substractions of features and methods. IOW, I hope for the most part what was there for an earlier version works the same in 701. Again, I do expect some minor differences.

Any advice is appreciated.

For what it is worth, I am familiar enough with terms, but not modo. Beginner would probably classify my experience.

Quote  Report Print Save

Alan-ASD  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Sun, Mar 31, 2013 6:29 pm

I've been using training for earlier version of modo with later version and have not encountered any serios differences or problems. The training for earlier versions of modo have work just fine for me with later version of modo. As you said, there are minor differences, such as slightly different tool icons for example, but the differences are usually easy to figure out and don't change overall fuctionality except to improve on it. At least that has been my experience so far.

Wishing you happy modeling.

Quote  Report Print Save

ShawnDriscoll  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Sun, Mar 31, 2013 9:31 pm

301 is closer to 401.  501 made some GUI changes that 601 kept.  701's GUI had a makeover somewhat.

If you can keep track of where stuff is in the GUI, you can use training from any version posted on YouTube or Luxology.tv.

www.youtube.com/shawndriscollcg

Quote  Report Print Save

RHaseltine  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Mon, Apr 1, 2013 9:12 am

The main drawback, especially with the very old training, is that there may now be more efficient ways of doing certain things. Using the tabbed layout in 701 should be closest to the older versions.

Quote  Report Print Save

Unread Post(s) Unread Announcement You are a visitor.