Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: retrocity

Coordinators: Lobo3433

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Looking for an action or script or . . .

Author
ShawnAllen  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Fri, Jan 18, 2013 1:00 am

OK, I;m new to Photoshop - as in 2 months - and am amazed at the things that I can do with it.  That said, now I have to make it useful (and profitabl, so i can pay for it).  
I need to find and actiobn or script or whatever to make frames for photos like the ones on this site:  http://www.parkerjphoto.com/?p=2362 .   

At the top are three pix of the same dimensions against a parchment/yellowed background.  I like this and would like to be able to do it.  What I'm relly looking for is farther down.  Each picture is in a white frame with a slight dropshadow and the signature in the corner.  These pix are of all different sizes and aspects.  

That's what I'd like to have.  I will, of course, pay for it!

Anyone have any ideas?  

Thanks In Advance.

Quote  Report Print Save

bobbystahr  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Sat, Jan 19, 2013 11:16 am

have you looked in Photoshop Help on the top bar...try searching there as there's often a step by step there

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Quote  Report Print Save

bobbystahr  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Sat, Jan 19, 2013 11:19 am

BTW...many years ago when I first started using PS4 I discovered the help as a handy onboard tutor...still use it and learn new stuff all the time....faster than forums anytime as tho I'd post a query in a number of forums I'd always have an answer from help before I got a reply

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Quote  Report Print Save

ShawnAllen  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Sat, Jan 19, 2013 1:54 pm

I'll certainly give that a looksee.  I am so new to PS, didn't kow there were tutorials in there.  I'm having to learn fast and under a deadline.  Thanks for the tip!

Quote  Report Print Save

msg24_7  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Sun, Jan 20, 2013 5:31 am

What you are seeing on that website is all being done using the websites template.
When looking at the images, you'll notice, that the frames are all the same size, the
image beinge centered within the frame, the signature being placed x/y pixel from the
pictures corner.

In Photoshop I'd create the frame with the drop shadow and a signature layer, sized large enough to hold  my images.
Save this as a template, drag my image into a new layer, center it, adjust the signature layer, save as...

I don't know enough about actions, but I am sure there is a way to automate the process of placing the image and adjusting the signatures position.

This should work, if your images are all within a similar range of sizes.

Yesterdays the past, tomorrows the future, but today is a gift. Thats why its called the present.

AS3Design - find us on  Facebook

Quote  Report Print Save

ShawnAllen  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Sun, Jan 20, 2013 9:54 am

msg24_7 - Hey!  I hadn't noticed that.  (And I should have.)  It is the web templaye.  

Hm.  knowing that, I have to redouble my efforts to figure it out in PS.  

Thanx for the insight and the reply!  

Shawn

Quote  Report Print Save

Unread Post(s) Unread Announcement You are a visitor.