Welcome to the Blender3D Forum

Coordinators: Lobo3433

Welcome to the Blender3D Forum!
Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Making a face morph for genesis

Author
millighost  

Homepage »

Stats

You currently have this user ignored. To view this post you must unignore the user.

millighost  

Homepage »

Stats

You currently have this user ignored. To view this post you must unignore the user.

millighost  

Homepage »

Stats

millighost  

Homepage »

Stats

millighost  

Homepage »

Stats

millighost  

Homepage »

Stats

millighost  

Homepage »

Stats

millighost  

Homepage »

Stats

millighost  

Homepage »

Stats

millighost  

Homepage »

Stats

millighost  

Homepage »

Stats

millighost  

Homepage »

Stats

millighost  

Homepage »

Stats

DoomsdayRenderer  

Homepage »

Stats

_Venkman_  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Sat, Sep 17, 2011 12:13 am

Neat script. DS4 can save as a variety of different kinds of DSF files, and so I was wondering if your script could handle a user created Character or Figure DSF? Or is the Genesis.DSF you use in your tutorial the only one it can handle?

What I would like to do is dial up an approximation of a Genesis character in Daz Studio, save it as a Character or Figure DSF, and then bring it over to Blender via your script for scupting, etc.

Quote Ignore  Report Print Save

millighost  

Homepage »

Stats

_Venkman_  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Sat, Sep 17, 2011 12:41 pm

No top secret project, I was thinking it might be nice to have something other than the default male shape when you bring Genesis into Blender, like the Basic Female shape. However, I've since realized that if I was going to redistribute my morphs later, this wouldn't work out unless I could zero out the influence of the non-default morphs I didn't make myself. Still, for going back and modifying one's own work, being able to import a morph file could be handy.

I use DS4 Standard (4.0.2.55), and I have options for saving Character File, Shaping File, and Pose File DSFs. Pro or the CCT has more options, like Figure File, and I'm going to guess that Figure File should have everything like the base Genesis DSF. I'm still new to DSFs, so I can't really say what the difference between some of these are.

Here is how to export your own DSF: Load Genesis and apply any morphs you would like. Then, with just Genesis selected, go to File>Save As> and you should then see some DSF options. Unfotunately, I don't think the 'Smart' Content tab can find these, or I haven't figured out where it puts them because they weren't in Unassigned last I checked, while a DSF pose I made was.

SilverDolphin  

Homepage »

Stats

ElenaHD  

Homepage »

Stats

SickleYield  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Wed, Dec 14, 2011 7:49 pm

It works!

Quick proof-of-concept earless morph I just did:

Thank you thank you thank you!! 

XaatXuun  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Thu, Dec 22, 2011 6:28 pm

I don't know why, but let's just say I've never done it, but how do I rename the script from txt ?

I have retyped the name, many times now, but it still saves in Txt, what am I doing wrong ? or forgetting something

SickleYield  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Thu, Dec 22, 2011 6:31 pm

Do you have your operating system set to show file extensions? If not it may be renaming to .py.txt instead of just .py.

XaatXuun  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Thu, Dec 22, 2011 8:19 pm, Edited Thu, Dec 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Quote - "Do you have your operating system set to show file extensions? If not it may be renaming to .py.txt instead of just .py."

hmm thought it may be that, I just took a look and the extention is not shown , so now I need to recall how to add it , I'll search for a refresher for me to remember

ETA: yup, just needed a refresher, of how to do it,   got it  now.

now to play with blender, thank you

bruce32466  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Tue, Feb 7, 2012 4:59 pm

Is it posible to add multiple morphs in this maner? Would it be a matter of adding more shape keys? What I'd like to do is creat a morph to pull the nose out as you did and then use a second morph to widen the nose. If it's just a matter of creating another shape key, I could use a little help. I can create additional keys but when I go to eddit mode, the figure goes back to it's original state so the keys are not progressions of the previous key. Yep, a noob. Anyway, thanks

SickleYield  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Tue, Feb 7, 2012 5:12 pm

It's absolutely possible to do multiples. I've done a whole product pack of elf ears with this method.

Do you mean when you go to object mode?  You have to have created your width morph in edit mode for it to exist at all.

Either way, when in object mode, notice the "value" bar below the Shape Keys dialogue.  You can type a value in this or click and drag to increase value of a shape key in object mode.

I don't think you can create a shape key additive to another one (that is, with a previous one applied and visible in edit mode), but I'm willing to be corrected on that point.

bruce32466  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Tue, Feb 7, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi SickleYield, Thanks for the response. I think I asked the question incorectly. I fallowed the directions above and all went well. My question is: how should I go about including another morph to furthe modify the first morph. When I create a third shape key, the figure in the third key starts out like the base figure (no modifications). I did try with the value set to 1 as well as 0 and made no differance. the figure would always revert back to base shape.  With the value set to 1 on shape key 2 in object mode, I could see the changes made to the mesh. but as soon as I try to go to edit mode for shape key 3 the figure reverts back to its base shape.

SickleYield  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Tue, Feb 7, 2012 9:55 pm

In that case I would have to work around it by duplicating the figure (shift d), moving it to another layer in Blender (M key plus click layer) and directly modifying the second key.

bruce32466  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Tue, Feb 7, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi SickleYield, Thanks again. I would have got back to sooner but I had to do a little digging aroud to figure out what you were telling me here.

So, If I understand correctly, I will create bsasis and 2nd key, modify 2nd key, press shift + d to copy it, select the copy i just made and push the m key , move copy of 2nd key to a new layer, modify it further, create 3rd shape key and move the modified copy back to original layer and export.

Didn't work:( can't get to edit mode on new layer, m key doesn't seem to do anything in edit mode. I'm sure it's probably something simple I may be missing I hope. I've started playing around with this 3D about a couple months ago and is very cool stuf

SickleYield  

Homepage »

Stats

Posted Wed, Feb 8, 2012 12:48 am

The m key is just for moving to a new layer in object mode.  Once you're on the new layer, you will need to select your copy that you moved by right-clicking on it in order to switch to edit mode.

millighost  

Homepage »

Stats

Unread Post(s) Unread Announcement You are a visitor.