For the last two decades of the 20th century I was a software monkey in the UK. But then I escaped and ran away to S.E.Asia! It was here, around 2007, in an internet cafe, that I (re)discovered 3D - I somehow chanced upon a download for DAZ Studio 1/2. I quickly became a 'collector', downloading all the (legally) free 3D models I could find, and around 2009 I picked up a bargain copy of Poser 6. But like many collectors I fell into a common trap - maintaining my collection in a pristine, unused condition!
In early 2010 I discovered Blender and started producing occasional models and textures of my own. With my rusty-software-monkey 'skills' I also started hacking together my own scripts for DAZ Studio and Poser. Any reasonable models, textures, or scripts that I do are usually released as freebies...
About My Freebies
All my freebies are available here at Renderosity FreeStuff and at ShareCG. And I'm still making lots of stuff. It's just that recently I've been having far too much fun playing with the toys in my runtime and making pictures. So the planned work on my freebies has suffered. But since nobody's actually asked about progress on the Smart+/PropGoto+ update, or anything else (except the S.E.Asian helmet - sorry Mal, I will get round to it, but I just keep getting distracted!) it's all on the back-burner for now. Please do feel free to chase me up if there's anything I've said I'll do - I often need just a small shove!
About My Pictures
A couple of years ago I finally ceased my endless quest for freebies. Curiously my runtime was bulging at the seams - and to be honest I had no real idea of what was inside it! So I started to play with the stuff I'd collected.
But recently my toys have really started to come to life... pictures have just started 'happening'. I simply open Poser, peek inside to see what all those little guys and gals and beasties are up to, and hit 'render' when they tell me to!
So you see, I can't really take credit for any of the pictures I post here... ;o)
Other Places To Find Me
My own website Unreal Imperfect was mainly intended as an answer to the question "So what's this 3D stuff you do all about then?", and I've recently uploaded most of my pictures. For the latest news about what I'm working on, how far I've got with it, or what I'm planning see my blog, check for recent activity here, or check at ShareCG, DeviantArt, DAZ3D , orHiveWire3D - I'm user 3dcheapskate wherever I go (so far). If you want to get in touch with me for any reason (e.g. problems with one of my freebies, asking why I haven't done something I said I was going to, etc) you can send me a PM here, or get in touch via any of the other places I've listed.
About Favourites And Friends
When a favourite pictures/artist drops off my list it simply means that I no longer need to have them listed here to remember them!
I accept friend request's if I recognise the name from comments on my freebies/pictures, or from discussions I've had on various threads. If you simply want to be friends without the bother of communicating with me, at least let me know that you know who I am and what I do! ;o)
Pet Image 'Dislikes' Of The Moment
- Pictures with 'the latest product' in them
- 'Unoriginal' characters - meaning both famous person lookalikes and off-the-shelf characters*. I remember seeing a great image recently, and I continued browsing while thinking up a comment - and then I saw another picture with the same character, and another (She was also a 'latest product'...)
- 'Content Advisory' thumbnails. Come on folks, you can usually find a 'safe' crop from the image to use as a thumbnail - which reminds me...
- 'Teaser' thumbnails that are crops of the main image*. I prefer to see the whole image, more or less, in the thumbnail
- Steampunk. (Sorry! :o)
*...and before you say that I do this myself...
- Inconsistency! :oP If you can't break your own rules then where's the fun in life! (I love the phrase - "Everything in moderation... including moderation!")
- Randomly browsing through galleries (I've asked for a 'Random' option on just about every gallery, but the suggestion seems to go straight into the bin! If you'd like to see a random option please add your voice to my 'Any chance of a 'random' option in the site gallery?' thread)
- Thumbnails that jump out from the page. I don't usually bother to even click a thumbnail that doesn't ('Content Advisory' + '(contains nudity)' doesn't usually arouse enough prurient interest - unless it's coupled with an intriguing title... ;o)