I swear, one day I will actually put a decent picture up here. But in the meantime...
I'm a 29-year-old smartassy artist out here in Texas. I used to sketch but I eventually lost the skill for it. Or maybe it was the patience. I found DAZ|Studio a few years ago and fell in love - I found the outlet I'd been looking for.
I attend school online, and I'm working toward my Bachelor's in Video Game Art. One day I will grace the property of Rockstar or Valve as a character designer.
I do freelance graphic design where I can, but I'm far from expert and work is sparse and competitive to bid. In other words, I'm usually broke. I have no formal training; I have been teaching myself Photoshop for the last 6-ish years, and I am now learning Flash, Dreamweaver, Illustrator and InDesign (yes, all legal, thanks for asking. xP). I attribute all my learning to experience and the good ol' Intarwebs.
My biggest project and drive, however, is my work with Survive Entertainment. The Survive project is possibly the most ambitious dream I've ever seen when it comes to a story, and I am so fortunate to be involved in it. There's few things in this world I'm passionate about - one is my family, another is my friends, and Survive is probably next in line. Yeah, it means that much to me, and I can't wait for it to go the places we've only imagined. And I know my school training will help open those doors.
I am allowed to showcase some of the work I do with Survive here; though there are some exclusives to their site, so you'll have to go check it out to see. *snerk-snerk*
Some other things you should be aware of:
- My mind goes a mile a minute. I start on so many ideas and hardly ever finish them. So if it takes a while for me to get something done, that's probably why.
- On a professional level I am the exact opposite - I will work my fingers to the bone to make sure the final product is more than perfect, and I won't brush it off to finish later.
- I have two boys (a son and a husband) who I love to pieces. This is another reason why I never get anything done.
- I honestly don't care about rankings - I also don't care enough to disable rank whenever I post an image. So feel free to vote something a 1 if you think it sucks. I value and respect honesty.
- To clarify the above - I appreciate constructive criticism. Got advice on how to do it better? Tell me! I'll more than likely give it a shot.