my name is Orio, I've been born on October 11th, 1961, I live in Northern Italy, I'm a professional Xfrog tree programmer/librarian for Greenworks.
I'm a 3D landscape artist and as such I use Vue d'Esprit and other software. I am also an amateur photographer since 1994.
BIO Born October 11th, 1961 in Salsomaggiore Terme (PR), a small town in Northern Italy, only son of Aldo Menoni and Sila Rossetti, a couple of painter artists.
University degree in Media and Communications with a thesis on Alfred Hitchcock movies.
- 1985-1990 Member of the Executive Board of the International Salso film & TV Festival
- 1987-1994 Worked as creative content developer for Signum CG studio, producing several commercials campaigns for national broadcast networks
- 1991 composed and produced music score for the TV movie "Filippo degli Alberi" ("Philip o' Trees") by director Giovanni Martinelli
- 1995 won the 10th edition of the Segnocinema National Award for movie critic, with an essay on the 100 years of Cinema. The essay won over more than one thousand other entries and the jury was composed by internationally known semiologists such as Francesco Casetti and Alberto Abruzzese
- since 1995 a regular contributor and permanent member of the Editorial Staff of Segnocinema magazine
- 1996 composed and produced the music for "Where's my bloody chair?", the making-of video of the movie "Stealing beauty" (featuring Liv Tyler and Jeremy Irons)
- 1997-2000 Cultural Director of the Boscaro Project, for which designed and produced three art books, catalogues, three web sites, and organized art shows in London (European Academy for the Arts, Grosvenor Place, 1998 and Hurlingham Club, Chelsea, 1999), Venice (1999) and Parma (2000), featuring artworks by Giorgio de Chirico, Giacomo Balla, Piero Dorazio, Ettore Sottsass and other artists;
- since June 2000, librarian and tree modeller for Greenworks' Xfrog software.
LIFE AND FREE TIME:
- Formerly married with Ann Lizbeth Andersen in 1997, now divorced.
- Former tennis player, won some regional tournaments in the late 70s and 80s;
- Amateur photographer;
- Long time self-taught amateur of dendrology (science of trees), owning several books on the subject and an evergrowing photographic archive;
- A painter with oils since the age of 5, still affectioned to oil and pastel painting;
- I love trees, cats, ducks, books, art museums, taking walks in the countryside, and open air painting;
- My most beloved places are Paris, the Mediterranean sea coasts, the West coast of Norway, and my hometown hills;
- I am a fairly good cook: my specialties are Penne all'Arrabbiata, Bucatini all'Amatriciana, Spaghetti with walnuts and ricotta sauce, and the Norwegian "Risgroet" pudding;
- I still love women too much!;
- And of course I'm a total addict to Computer Graphics Art - why else would I be here? :-)