I’ve heard a lot of rumors and advice over the years about how to make models and artwork. Some of it is very good, but some of it is either completely wrong or the advice has been passed from one person to another in a “I heard from it from a guy who heard it from a guy who knew a guy who had a cousin who worked at ILM” type of way. I thought it would be fun to try to debunk some common myths.
1) You need a lot of polygons for your model to look good.
2) You need huge texture maps for your model to look good.
3) What’s the best modelling program?
4) This image took me 50 hours to render!
5) Can you tell me how to make conforming clothing in Poser?
Read more at Wordpress: Some Common Digital-Model Myths Debunked
|posted on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 8:48 pm