General Contest Rules:
- All members can enter, except contest managers and Admins
- Any software program can be used
- Start times, end times, voting and winner announcements will be placed on the Front Page. All times listed are Renderosity System Time (CST)
- Entries MUST be time-stamped by the submission deadline at 11:59pm [CST], or they will not be accepted
- 1 entry per person, per category
- Entries MUST be new artwork not previously posted online, or anywhere else publicly
- Entries MUST NOT appear online anywhere else during the contest or until the Contest Winners have been Posted
- 1 prize package per person across all Contest categories
- Image size must be a maximum of 800x800 pixels in .jpeg or .gif format. [72 dpi] Please ignore 1024x1024 size limits upon upload.
- Thumbnail Image: MUST be included 100x100pixels in .jpeg or .gif format. Here is a helpful tutorial on How to make Full Image Thumbnails
- Both the Full size image and the thumbnail are required
- Entries must not have previously won a Renderosity Contest.
- All image must comply with Renderosity's Terms of Service for thumbnails.
- You MUST include a description in the blank field to tell what type of software you used, what inspired you, how long it took to create the image. You may also include anything else about the image you wish to share. Images without a description will not be approved and will be asked to reupload with the description included.
- Images that do not follow the contest rules or our Terms of Service will be removed.
- Vote soliciting will not be tolerated. Entrants that solicit votes will be disqualified without warning. This includes, but is not limited to, emailing and sitemailing members.
- We recommend not waiting until the end of the contest to upload your entry. It is common for upload and/or approval complications to arise. Please give yourself ample time to correct your entry, if need be. Corrections will NOT be accepted if they are not time stamped by 11:59pm on the submission deadline.
- By uploading your image you are agreeing that this is your original work.
Additional Specifications for Animation Files:
- Renderosity will be hosting the files.
- Audio is optional, but desirable. (NOTE: Do NOT use someone else's copyrighted music.)
- Animation File Size: 10 meg maximum.
- Animation Time: Entry should not exceed 60 seconds in duration.
- Animation formats: DivX, .avi, .mpg, .wmv, or standard .mov.
The winners will be selected by the community. All clone votes will be removed.