Wed, Apr 24, 1:26 AM CDT

Welcome to the Genesis 3 to Poser-FREE Utility Help Forum

Genesis 3 to Poser-FREE Utility Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2023 Sep 06 11:48 am)

Subject: Welcome to the Genesis 3 to Poser-FREE utility help and support forum

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2021 at 6:58 PM

Thought I would give this all a go again. And alas still the same result. No request to save an obj. in P11 and still the request for the null obj in P12. Anyone out there have a work around?

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

JimTS ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2021 at 11:59 PM · edited Thu, 19 August 2021 at 12:06 AM

This is what I "get" about How DAZ Studio Doesn't Work in Poser that subnull.obj is the mesh (armature?) That separates how DS unworks in Poser I have been lurking since being exiled by choice from DAZ paradise(we don't take kindly to heresy here son) but that subnull.obj is the rub maybe if you exported that subnull.obj separately?

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2021 at 6:39 AM

the subnull.obj resides somewhere in the DSON process and cannot be accessed outside of it. Believe me I've searched my hd (C and external) for hours for it.

Boni

JimTS ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 8:33 PM

DAZ Studio subnull.obj obfuscation roger might as well be encrypted ALL of my 12+ Runtimes were deleted in my uninstall of what I had hoped was a sandboxed beta of Studio and that was when I started having resentment issues with DAZ Ware ten years later and I don't think I will ever get all those zips uncompressed and the content sorted creative blocks etc

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

Passion3D ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2021 at 3:25 PM

Hello

Many thanks for this fantastic tool :) I tested with G3 and G8, everything works fine.

It will allow me to propose my characters in Poser version ;) I still have some tests to do before.

For G8, I have a little problem. The character is imported very well, under Poser 12 it is necessary to pass it in Unimesh, otherwise it is not seen. But for the lashes? Since G8, it's an independant object. What is the procedure to make it visible?

Store | DeviantArt | 

Poser 12, DazStudio 4.21, Blender 2.83 - LinuxMint 21 - Ryzen 5 RAM 16G, GTX 1650 VRAM 4G 

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2021 at 3:59 PM

Basically, repeat the process with the eyelashes as you did with G8F.  I am assuming that you are resaving the figures into the P11 Library after conversion.  Once you resave the eyelashes, open P12 and load them as you would G8F.  Conform the eyelashes to G8F, they should appear as thick heavy lines.  Apply an appropriate mask to detail the lashes.

Passion3D ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2021 at 4:57 PM

I will test, thank you for your answer hborre ;)

Store | DeviantArt | 

Poser 12, DazStudio 4.21, Blender 2.83 - LinuxMint 21 - Ryzen 5 RAM 16G, GTX 1650 VRAM 4G 

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2021 at 5:22 PM

DAZ Studio=GIANT digital hairball not worth the disk space giant time suck they(DAZ) keep breaking stuff by update

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2021 at 10:48 PM

@ Passion3D: Once you have managed to conform the eyelashes to G8F, make sure to copy the Joint Zones to the eyelashes otherwise they will not follow along with any head movement or poses.  Up to now, I haven't pursued attaching eyelashes to the figure because I was not using her in my renders.  I'm now glad that I took the time to check the cohesiveness of the imports into P12.

Passion3D ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2021 at 9:25 AM · edited Fri, 08 October 2021 at 9:28 AM

@hborre

I must be null lol could you describe me what I have to do? I have to detach the eyelashes in Daz and do the conversion as if it was a character?

Store | DeviantArt | 

Passion3D ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2021 at 9:27 AM

I really don't understand why Daz made a separate item for lashes!

Store | DeviantArt | 

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2021 at 9:33 AM

Yes, that's exactly what must be done.  Refer to Willdial's PDF manual, he has a separate tutorial for eyelashes and eyebrows.  It's a pain, I know.  The only other figure that has the same type of arrangement is Miki 4, separate eyelashes conformed to the figure.

Passion3D ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2021 at 9:39 AM

I couldn't find the tutorial for the lashes, do you have the link please?

Store | DeviantArt | 

Passion3D ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2021 at 9:42 AM

I'll have to change my glasses :) I didn't see it in the archive ;)

Store | DeviantArt | 

Passion3D ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2021 at 9:46 AM

thanks for your help @hborre ;)

Store | DeviantArt | 

Passion3D ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2021 at 4:57 PM

it's me again :)

All imports nickel :) But when I apply a morph to head or eyes, the lashes don't follow! any solution for that?

Store | DeviantArt | 

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2021 at 5:21 PM

According to the Eyelash manual, use the DSON Importer to transfer active morphs to the eyelashes.  Make sure the eyelashes are selected.

drakimgt2 ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2021 at 12:54 AM

Is there Genesis 3/ Genesis 8 to Poser -Free Utility that can work on Macs since wineBottler stop working on any Mac that is MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 and Higher. Does the free Utility works with Daz's Centaurs.

Passion3D ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2021 at 9:33 AM
hborre posted at 5:21 PM Fri, 8 October 2021 - #4428686

According to the Eyelash manual, use the DSON Importer to transfer active morphs to the eyelashes.  Make sure the eyelashes are selected.

That's what I do. But in the end I'm going to go with G3, which fits very well in Poser. And I find that G3 has nothing to envy to G8, :)

Store | DeviantArt | 

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2021 at 10:34 AM

You might be better off with G3, at least it has been proven to work better than G8.  I have been fairly lucky in bringing G8F into P12 but is it really worth the trouble?

TaishoBee ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2021 at 8:29 PM
Boni posted at 3:58 PM Tue, 15 June 2021 - #4421407

Ok, always get a search request for the subdnull.obj file which after a full disk search I cannot find. I never get the create an obj. file. Is there a special process to get this workflow?

This is where my DSON SubDNull file is: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser 11 Content\Runtime\Geometries\DAZ 3D\DSON I'm not sure if you found it already though,.

Poser Pro 11 (always updated to current version available) . Laptop Specs: Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz :: 16 GB Ram :: Windows 10 Pro

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2021 at 4:59 PM

Sadly I could not find the file anywhere.  

Boni

lakes123 ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2021 at 7:41 AM

Did I read right, Genesis 8 figures works in Poser 12?

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2021 at 4:44 PM

Genesis 8 does work in P12.  Challenge is getting the figures into the program.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.