ANIMATION BLOCK PARTY IS OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS!
Animation Block Party accepts submissions online through withoutabox.com. Please click on the WAB link to enter online.
You can also submit a traditional printed PDF form to ABP.
Click here for printable PDF download of ABP entry form.
Early Submissions — Postmarked by February 25, 2011
Standard Submissions — Postmarked by April 15, 2011
Late Submissions — Postmarked by May 27, 2011
ABP 2011 prizes include software from Toon Boom, DigiCel FlipBook, Dragon Stop Motion, designer bags from Crumpler, DVDs, magazine subscriptions, a production grant and Boinx iStopMotion Pro for Best Student Film and much more. Please check back to this site for prize updates. ABOUT page has list of past award categories.
Basic Rules of Submission:
ALL animation films must be in the time range of 30 seconds to 30 minutes. Animation only. No live-action. Multimedia pieces containing live-action elements may be considered, but works should be primarily animated.
Please follow all rules regarding ABP submission and fees on official entry form or Withoutabox entry page. You may submit more than one film, but please submit a separate entry for each film you submit. If sending two or more animations, you may write one total check or money order for all films.
What to send us and what we'll do with your movie:
- Our submission preference is Mini-DV NTSC or an NTSC QuickTime burnt onto a CD or DVD. Preferred QuickTime formats are:
- H.264 Compression
- Animation Compression
- Preferred frame rate is 29.97.
- We cannot play PAL media. Please do not send anything in PAL. DVD's that play universally (all regions) are fine as well, but NTSC works best for us.
- You may also submit your entry on NTSC VHS, but take note of our preferred submission.
- Please be sure to label submission with film title and animator contact information. If submitting more than one short, you must fill out a separate entry form for that film and pay an additional submission fee.
- Do not send us your only copy of your animation. Any materials you send us will not be returned. You will receive a confirmation of your received media through the WAB portal once it has been processed in our system.
- All works, even if mastered on film, will be transferred to a digital stream for the festival.
- You will not be contacted regarding your film’s acceptance status – the official lineups will be announced on this website on June 29, 2011.
The seventh annual Animation Block Party film festival will run July 29-July 31, 2011.
By entering your animation for consideration, you attest that you hold all right to exhibit the given work. You have read, understand, and agree to all Animation Block Party entry guidelines and requirements
ANIMATION BLOCK MAILING ADDRESS:
Animation Block Party Submissions
1562 First Ave #321
NY, NY 10028